Thursday, September 24, 2009

Patience Is A Virtue

They say that patience is a virtue. This is something that I hope to pass on to my kids. One of those do as I say not as I do precepts. For I am perhaps one of the most impatient people on the planet.

I am the kid who searches and searches for the Christmas gifts hidden in the attic or under the bed. The person who can't wait to find out how the story ends so you skim through the last pages of the book. I don't like surprises or television teasers. Awaiting a response to an invitation is like pulling teeth.

So I sit here tonight feeling a little like Cinderella waiting for my Fairy Godmother to come change my pumpkin into a carriage. I sit here waiting for someone else to make a decision which will affect me for the rest of the year. I am helpless. I cannot change the outcome or influence the decision and that make me very impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment