Friday, April 29, 2011

Best Feeling In The World

Today was a rough day for many reasons but mostly because of the anxiety surrounding a walkathon that I am in charge of. The stress of spearheading this type of event as well as a Third Grade Dinner (all in a two week period) is finally taking a toll on my mental health. Yet just when I felt like I couldn't take any more I stepped inside a classroom and had one of the best feel good conversations I've ever had. On the verge of a nervous breakdown, I stopped to talk to one of Alex's former teachers about the logistics of the walk and the impending rain. After we got all of the shop talk out of the way she paused for a moment and began to tell me what a terrific son I have and what a wonderful experience it has been to teach him. She said that all the teachers want to know where he is and what he is doing in 10 years because they know he will go very far in life. While the kind words meant a lot I think it was the way her face lit up when she spoke about Alex that touched my heart the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment